Dr. Cook's Piano Studio
Dr. Cook's Piano Studio
Dr. Cook offers in-home classical piano instruction focused on the development of artistry, technical proficiency, and practical theory skills.
His students are encouraged to explore connections between the literary, visual, and musical arts as they develop skills of interpretation.
Skills of theory and technique are cultivated through innovative practical exercises in composition, music arranging, and improvisation.
2018-2019 STUDIO POLICIES
- A monthly payment plan spreads the cost of semester tuition over 6 months.
- The academic year includes 2 semesters of lessons and recitals.
- It is important to note that for the August-June school year, there will be twelve payments due every month of the year, starting in July and finishing in June. Payments preferred on or about the 1st and due by the 15th.
- While no lessons are taught in the month of July, the first tuition payment for the fall semester will be due that month.
- Cash or checks made out to Dr. Stephen Cook are accepted. Payments using Zelle, Venmo, or other bank transfer methods are encouraged.
Tuition includes 20 sessions per semester.
Parents reserve specific sessions. Those times cannot be offered to other students. Therefore, the expectation is that your weekly music lesson appointment takes priority when scheduling other personal appointments.
Makeup lesson policies
- Due to scheduling constraints and travel expenses, a maximum of 2 valid makeup lessons are available per calendar semester.
- There will be no in-home makeup lessons provided. All makeup lessons will take place at Dr. Cook’s home studio at 1413 E. Hall St. Tempe, AZ.
- Makeup lessons will take place only during designated makeup days listed on the school calendar (by appointment). Lessons not made up by that point will be forfeited.
- Lessons cancelled without 24 hour notice will be forfeited (no makeup and no refund). Exceptions to the 24 hour notice rule will be made in the case of sudden illness and family emergencies.
- No makeup lessons will be provided after the last day of the semester.
- It is the responsibility of the parent to initiate requests for make-up lessons.
- There will be no lessons during holidays listed on the school calendar.
If you decide to withdraw from lessons, we ask that you consult your instructor before making your final decision so that we can accommodate your needs we will refund the prorated remainder of your tuition. Please allow up to 3 months for the refund to reach you.
Responsibilities of Instructor, Student and Parent
Taking music lessons requires effort on the part of the instructor, the student and the parent/guardian in order for the student to be successful. We ask that students make time to practice and take interest in their lessons so that each lesson can be productive. Parents/guardians, please encourage the student to practice on a regular basis and bring an open attitude to the lesson.
If the instructor notices that the student is not progressing, the instructor will advise the parent and student as needed.
If it is apparent that a student is not interested in his/her instrument of choice or music lessons in general, the instructor will counsel the parent/guardian as needed.
Contacting Your Instructor
- You may contact your instructor via phone, text, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone at 773-454-2509
- Recitals are scheduled in advance and are included in the cost of tuition. Because of teacher incurrs expenses for the recital, recital may not be exchanged for an extra lesson. All students are prepared to participate. Recitals will be held at Frienship Village 2645 E Southern Ave, Tempe, AZ. We work all semester in preparation for these recitals, so it is a great benefit to the student to attend. It gives her/him an opportunity to show you, their parent/guardian what they have achieved and it also gives us an opportunity to show them how proud we are of their progress and efforts. Please make every effort to have the student’s schedule free for these dates. Any questions regarding the recitals should be directed to your teacher.
Changes in Policy
- These policies are written in an attempt to cover many of the questions that may come up regarding expectations. Please be aware that these policies are subject to change, and we will advise you with an acknowledgment form that we will ask you to sign if any changes are made.
- Signatures indicate that we have discussed these policies with the student and parent/guardian and that all parties agree to and understand them.
Dr. Stephen Cook